Re: RC: Re: Re: helmets

> > OK, Sharon
> > I'll cop to it, but I'm not particularly proud of
> it. I do, however,
> > force my kids to wear theirs. I've been lucky and
> have been able to tuck
> > and roll when bucked off and my injuries have been
> more ego related and
> > walking like a hooker after a hard night's work
> than head.

I haven't been so lucky, but I have had my helmet on
and the good thing is that, besides a little
embarrassment from my girls laughing their asses off,
the helmet breaks.  When the helmet breaks, it means
that it has taken the brunt of the fall and my head
doesn't even ache afterward.  Of course, my neck is
another story, but I am alive and able to get right
back in the saddle.  I then go find a very steep hill
and ride it up and down until my gelding gets the
message that spoooking at birds is NOT O.K.

Also, the helmet manufacturers will replace my helmet,
when I send it back to them with a complete
explanation of what happened.  Must be part of their
research.

I enjoy the Troxel line, as they are light and very
comfortable, even after 10 hours in the saddle.

Sheila

=====
She