Re: Re: Re: helmets

Sheila writes:
>I then go find a very steep hill
and ride it up and down until my gelding gets the
message that spooking at birds is NOT O.K.<

I have always believed that with a horse, a correction must be almost
instantaneous in order for it to be effective. Having fallen off, picked
yourself up collected your horse and remounted, and then managed to "go find
a very steep hill", how in the world is your horse supposed to know why he
is traveling up and down and how does he even get a clue as to the desired
behavior you are looking for? I would ask you to think about whether you are
really teaching him a lesson or taking out your frustration for having been
so ungracefully dismounted? Food for thought.
Pat Super