eye, eye

RC wisdom please comment:  I've evaluated two horses recently whose eyes
frequently revealed the sclera, ie white portion, during exercise in the
paddock to demonstrate way of going.  One horse was symmetrical with both
eyes showing approximately the same amount of white.  The other horse showed
white only in the left eye as he was passing me to the left, but not when he
went to the right.  What, if anything, is the significance of either of
these behaviors?  I'm thinking the latter horse may have some strabismus, or
just have an issue with being worked on his left side.  As for symmetrical
white showing, I've no idea, except it looks spooky.  Neither horse did it
while quiet.  The asymmetrical horse was nearly five and broke to ride, the
other coming two, totally green.

Sally in Floyd, VA