Re: RC: Re: helmets

OK, Sharon
I'll cop to it, but I'm not particularly proud of it. I do, however,
force my kids to wear theirs. I've been lucky and have been able to tuck
and roll when bucked off and my injuries have been more ego related and
walking like a hooker after a hard night's work than head. Tucking and
rolling isn't a choice with me; it's an instinct from riding lessons
years ago when we had classes in the correct way to bail. I usually hit
the ground on the back of my right or left shoulder depending on which
side I bail out on. Don't have to bail very often, but this method has
probably saved my life (or at least my bones) more than once. Part of my
fear of helmets is that I'm not sure what effect the helmet would have
on my sommersaulting. Anyone care to comment?
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!