Re: RC: Re: helmets

> I'll cop to it, but I'm not particularly proud of it. I do, however,
> force my kids to wear theirs. I've been lucky and have been able to tuck
> and roll when bucked off and my injuries have been more ego related and
> walking like a hooker after a hard night's work than head. Tucking and
> rolling isn't a choice with me;

Bette,

I used to say things like you're saying. <g>

You can't plan your landing every time, but you already know that.

And for people who think they're never gonna bit the dust, I was riding with
a friend who is an experienced rider (she packs and the whole nine yards).
She and I stopped on a rocky, downhill stretch of trail. Before my eyes she
fell off to the side and hit her head on a rock. I almost wanted to laugh
because it was so strange looking and so out of nowhere.

She forgot to tighten her girth and when she leaned to the side she and the
saddle just went kerplunk.

I hate 'em but I wear 'em.

Sharon
So. California