boiling water

NOT HORSE RELATED - DELETE NOW

I was very interested in the post about boiling water in the microwave since I do it everyday!  When I boil my water, I can't tell that it's boiling because it is motionless in the cup.  When I pick it up, and shift the contents, I start to see tiny bubbles.  Before the warning that was posted last week, I used to poke my finger in the cup to check if it was hot.  Geez, that seems so stupid.  When I boiled my water the other day, I put a wooden stirring stick in the cup and then microwaved it.  It came out at a rolling boil!!!!

I'll never boil water again without something in the cup!  And it goes without saying that I won't ever test the temperature with my finger either!

Karen
Sweaney@lightspeed.net