Re: RC: IAHA

Lif,

I was a charter member of the first IAHA club that wasn't show-based,
the Callifornia CMK Heritage Society.  Sadly, it is defunct, because
it didn't appeal to a wide enough group that was willing to join and
keep it going.

Now I'm a member of the Arabian Advocates club, an entirely-Internet
based one.  They are more show-oriented but focused on reforming
things in a positive way.  They had pretty good influence at the last
national convention, getting one measure passed.
http://www.arabianadvocates.com.  They have a membership forum for
discussion.

I'm a club member that isn't active--but as most people who need or
want to maintain membership with IAHA, it's cheaper to do it through
a club than with a direct membership, $50 per year.

There is another IAHA club that is trails-oriented, but I don't know
their particulars.

I put on a regional IAHA endurance championship ride, have two
Sweepstakes-nominated horses that will probably win no money since I
don't seem to be very competitive.  Don't currently participate in
their distance awards program or the recreational riding one.  And
I'm an IAHA steward for endurance only.  But I have too much going on
(career, saddle biz, and trying to fit in conditioning) to be active
in a club--the same reason I offer if we were to start up a regional
endurance organization down here in SoCal like PNER or SERA.  And it
takes members who are willing to put out some effort to keep a club
going...

Lynne