Re: The Debate Rages: Short vs. Tall

----- Original Message -----
From: Kathy Mayeda <kathy_mayeda@atce.com>> So if short horses are so much
"better" why is it that tall horses are > bigger money?

funny how things get twisted...

Seems like I suggested that a shorter horse might be am OPTION (of course,
considering the total package) for someone who was having difficulty
mounting.  Didn't I specifically NOT slam tall horses?? ....just wanted to
make the point that there are many good horses out there under 15, or even
14, hands.

Yep, my horses are in the 13.3-15 range, mostly 14.2-14.3.  I've very
carefully collected a specific group because they have the *Total Package*
that *I* like.

"Bigger money"...?...  sure, I'd like to get a nice price for my babies, but
I'm not breeding specifically for Height, I'm breeding for the Total
Package.  At 1-2 babies a year, I can afford to be picky about where my
babies go and I'm not interested in them going into the "bigger is better /
high profile / use'm up" kind of market - endurance, show - whatever.  I
want them to go to homes where they will be a part of the family - maybe
endurance, 4-H, pleasure, including teaching the grandkids to ride.

> Just picked up a TALL Bey Shah grandson that I am turning around for sale>
this year.
He sounds really nice and I wish you the best of luck with him.

> I'll return to debate on Tuesday... Flame ON!
Maybe you'll get your fever down before then. I think that ridecamp is
friendly enough that you can brag about your new guy without having to put
someone, or some category of horse, down.  You won't get a fight here unless
you insist that 'short' horses are stupid, mean or clumsy.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from
doing something worthwhile." Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865--1940)