Beet pulp

The horse that died at VC did perish from some kind of colic. The rider did feed
the horse beet pulp and it was soaked completely. I also feed my horse beet
pulp all week long before the ride,( he obviously did not have any problems
and finished in the top twenty. This horse that died had probably done 1000
endurance miles including some 100's as well and the rider has over 4000 miles.
This horse has had some colic history and had some as recent as a month before
the ride. Without an autopsy we will never know for sure what exactly was the
cause.Also the horse and rider team were only about 35 miles into the ride and
this horse was always a top ten horse with an incredible liking for running
up hills.

One strange thing is that this was the third horse to suddenly die in our area
of a one mile radius and a two week timespan, the others were an Appy and a
Bey Shah son.

I was the person that hauled the horse to the vet clinic, anyway, just thought
you might want to know what happened. I think the horse was starting to colic
before the ride started.

JS