Re: RC: Can you paint a helmet???

At 10:15 AM 12/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >I think this was discussed maybe a LONG while back
> >on Ridecamp. If I recall correctly didn't someone
> >say that painting a helmet would damage it?

I would not paint any "protective" headgear with anything.
I wouldn't take the chance of degrading the material.

PHG is not designed for long life, it is designed for protection.
The longer you own the more likely it is that it needs replacing.
When it has gotten you into the "Turtle Club" it needs to be
replaced because it has lost some of its crush factor.  Body oils,
bug sprays, what have you, all shorten the life of helmets.

If you're thinking of painting it, do so.  Then plant flowers in it and
get a new one for your head.

Marv "I painted a helmet on my head???" Walker