Re: RC: Can you paint a helmet???

>I think this was discussed maybe a LONG while back
>on Ridecamp. If I recall correctly didn't someone
>say that painting a helmet would damage it?
>Those of you who
>paint your helmets, have you had any problems with it?
>Does the paint chip easy? I have a matte finish
>Troxel and think that may hold paint better than a
>shiny finish? What would be the best kind of paint -
>the auto stuff? Can you tell I'm itchin' to do
>SOMETHING horse related while snowed in? Kristi

The Testors brand paints (http://www.testors.com/), sold in hobby shops,
are designed to go on plastics, come in a variety of colors and finishes,
*and* come in small bottles.

(personally, I prefer fabric helmet covers -- and there are good fabric
paints on the market,  too <g>)

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky