Re: Non-freezing strategies (was Buckets)

I'd have a real muddy swamp next to the trough  that way.

        I have not done this myself---and this would not work without
wind--somewhere to be had is a device that floats on the water, has a
"propeller" that turns in the wind, and blades that churn the water to keep
it moving so it won't freeze.   This may be more for pond use than tanks.
When I was in Kansas, we also at times would wrap the whole tank with
home-type insulation, and cover all of the top except a hole large enough
for drinking.   That helped when we didn't have "serious cold".
  Claudia (who just chops the ice here in Texas.)