Re: RC: Non-freezing strategies (was Buckets)

Lif Strand wrote:

> For those of us with water troughs way too far from electricity who live in
> less balmy climates than some RCers who are very spoiled, could people send
> in their strategies for keeping the water from freezing?  If those
> strategies exist?

We don't have any electricity near our water trough either.  We use a 100 gal.
tank.  In winter, we set the float valve to overflow and it keeps the water
trickling, thus it will not freeze.  Works extremely well for us.  We used to
have to chop ice on the trough before we discovered this method.

Amber