Re: Saddle Inquiry

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda Lavis

I am looking for info on a close contact English style saddle to compete on.  I have tried an Orthoflex Endurance Cutback which was soooo comfortable but don't like sitting so far off the back of my horse!!

*Linda,  I agree with the Orthoflex's;the ones I saw seemed to sit you way up high.......you might look into the Ansur saddle-it is english style, but no tree, essentially a beefed-up bareback pad, but with the stirrups moved back, and the saddle designed to distribute weight.

I tried one over Thanksgiving, and aside from it being the wrong seat size, I was still interested.

It does have a pommel and cantle, and at a distance, looks like a standard english saddle.

Donnis Thran has helped develop an endurance model (can still be used to show or jump low jumps),with a raised panel design that should add more support annd better weight distribution.

I'm interested because my daughter has outgrown her 14" sportsaddle, and is doing arena work and  low jumping. I am wondering if the Ansur would work for both that and endurance.......having ridden sport saddles successfully for 7 years, I am a big fan of treeless, and you can't get more"close contact't than a treeless saddle.....

Karen