Re: exercises?

Marlene wrote: ....  She just pulls herself
up with her arms (with both hands on the front and back of saddle and I
can't get her over that either) and usually pulls the saddle over on her.
She understands that she should hold one hand on mane, other on front of
saddle, just can't do it.
So she hates that she pulls the saddle around, she hates that it's
uncomfortable for the horse and I think she's really embarrassed and worried
about having to mount in public........

Well I can't tell you about any miracle exercises, and I have very bad
knees, and must mount from a mounting block.   BUT I can tell you about a
great tool that absolutely stopped the saddle from moving around.  (And I am
a heavy heavy-weight.)  The tool is one I heard about on RC last summer and
bought one...it is a "Saddle Stabilizer".  It is a 3 inch wide nylon webbed
strap about six feet long. One end snaps onto a front D ring on the saddle,
then loops around the off fore-leg, then snaps back onto itself.  It is
adjustable and easy to use.  And I just won't mount without it now. After
mounting, just unsnap it, and loop around saddle horn.  My young, green,
gelding accepted it from the first time I used it.  (Once I forgot to unsnap
it and he walked about a 1/2 mile or so with it still wrapped around his
leg.  It didn't gall him or even cause hair loss thank goodness)
My only problem is I don't have the name of the maker.  She is in Lake
Arrowhead if I remember right, and has another product called "The Bareback
Buddy", which I bought from someone on RC and have not used yet.  And both
items are 25 miles from me now, at the boarding stable.  Maybe someone on RC
can supply you with the maker's name.  I lost ALL my files with the KAK worm
invasion. And this website was among the lost stuff.  Good luck to your mom.
Lindak
Perris, CA