exercises?

Ok, I think my mom has found "the" horse for her.  He is a little shorter
than her current horse and a smoother ride.  We have a lead on some saddle
fit issues.

Now I am constantly working with my mom to keep her from getting
discouraged - she loves horses, but hates that she doesn't know as much as
she thinks she used to.  She gets frustrated easily and I think scared a
little, but won't admit it.  The current issue that I think I've identified
is that she hates that it is very difficult for her to get on her horse.

Her current prospect is 15 hands, but that's a lot of withers, so he's
closer to 14.2.  She is 5'2", a little overweight (around 150).  She is
pretty tough, but just has a very difficult time mounting.  I've finally
gotten her into some stretchy riding pants, so that helps a little.  But she
just can't seem to bounce up and get on the horse.  She just pulls herself
up with her arms (with both hands on the front and back of saddle and I
can't get her over that either) and usually pulls the saddle over on her.
She understands that she should hold one hand on mane, other on front of
saddle, just can't do it.

So she hates that she pulls the saddle around, she hates that it's
uncomfortable for the horse and I think she's really embarrassed and worried
about having to mount in public.

She's willing to exercise if we can find something that will help, but I've
just gotten stuck with ideas.

I really appreciate any and all ideas.  I don't want to force my mom to do
something she is uncomfortable with - but she has bought most of the horses,
the trailer and the truck and I want her to be able to enjoy them too.

Thanks,
Marlene