Re: Re: blind as a bat

----- Original Message ----->> Laser surgery-corrected me from legally blind
to 20/20>

I had LASIK surgery 4 years ago.  It is just short of miraculous.  I was
also one that was too blind to see past about a foot in front of me.  I had
to hold a paper within a few inches of my eyes to be able to read without my
glasses or contacts.

I was corrected to about 20/30 (My brother also had the surgery and was
corrected to 20/20 in both eyes).  ((They offered to redo my surgery (no
additional charge) to try to get a better correction, but I declined.))

I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I do have one side effect that was
not mentioned to me prior to the surgery that has greatly affected my
riding.  My night vision is greatly decreased from what my day vision is.
They explained that it has to do with the way the eye gathers light (changed
with the surgery).  I don't get the 'halos' or any of the other problems
that can be associated with the surgery.  I guess a good description would
be that the dark is darker for me.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from
doing something worthwhile."
   --Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865--1940)