Re: NBS for long toe, low heel

> Yes............also what really helped our one mare (and her daughter
looks
> similiar) are the natural-balance shoes.

I used NBS shoes on my gelding with long toes and low heels this fall.  We
had tried shoeing full, and wedges.  Wedges just caused his hoof to coverge,
meaning the heels underran and the situation got worse.  Shoeing full worked
pretty well, but his toes would grow forward, and drag the whole shoe
forward, so by 4-5 weeks the shoes were no long properly under the heels.
The NBS shoes helped his toes not to grow forward, and the shoe stayed under
the heels really well.  We had a storm right before shoes were due to be
pulled (at 6 weeks), and he ended up wearing his shoes for 10 weeks and they
still were covering his heels well.  Normally he would require new shoes at
4-5 weeks, so I was really impressed at the NBS shoes.  The bonus for him is
that he has flat-ish feet, and the NBS shoes have an oval wear area at the
toe plus they are a little thicker than normal shoes.  This seemed to
protect his hooves a little more, and his movement improved in the NBS
shoes.

Michelle
(Colorado)