"Vicious" gelding--was to catch a horse

.  I can't understand why she didn't kick him or  get away. Can anyone offer
an explanation?
            What you described sounds very much to me like a gelding *acting
like* a stallion who is trying to get a mare as far away from another male
as possible---and her non-response sounds very much like a mare's natural
reaction to a stallion herding her.    I have seen geldings acting like
stallions several times---and I have first-hand experience (very recently)
with the "mare-herding" by a stallion, and noting the mares' responses.
Claudia