Re: Reno Forever?

BMcCrary27@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 02/04/2000 6:52:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> horsecrazy@access.mountain.net writes:
>
> << Do you know where the people came
>  from when the convention in the east didn't have as many attendees?
>  Could be not as many people from the west attended because they know
>  they can go for the next 4 years so they would not like to spend the
>  money that the people in the east have to spend 4 out of 5 years if they
>  are to attend.  I know lots of people that attended the Lexington
>  convention from the east that stated that it was the first time they had
>  been able to attend because it was finally affordable. Cut use some
>  slack its only once every 4 years.  >>
>
> According to some who have good memories, the attendance wasn't down.  I just
> recall hearing about it, and though I was there, I think I really wasn't
> tuned in to the comparative attendance.  As far as I know, the plan to locate
> the convention east of the Mississippi still stands.  If the plan holds, then
> we are well advised to seek a better location that is more a hub of traffic,
> both air and land.  I'm sure this will come up at BOD meetings, and if enough
> members care about this issue, they will attend the general membership
> meeting at the convention and express their wishes.  That's what the general
> meeting is for.  My experience in the past is that the general meeting has
> often had pathetically poor attendance.  It was someone's suggestion that at
> the time the general meeting was being held there should be no other event
> taking place.  May be a good idea.
>
> BarbaraThank you for the reply Barbara.  I don't mean the convention has to
been in Lexington, just in the east somewhere every 4 years.  I am a
quiet member or AERC, it would be cheaper for me to pay the $10.00
non-member fee, as I go to so few rides.  But I enjoy supporting AERC
with my dues, enjoy recieving the magazine and I have never had as much
fun in any other horse sport or met so many fun people.  Thanks,
LouiseWV