Re: Reno Forever?

In a message dated 02/04/2000 6:52:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
horsecrazy@access.mountain.net writes:

<< Do you know where the people came
 from when the convention in the east didn't have as many attendees?
 Could be not as many people from the west attended because they know
 they can go for the next 4 years so they would not like to spend the
 money that the people in the east have to spend 4 out of 5 years if they
 are to attend.  I know lots of people that attended the Lexington
 convention from the east that stated that it was the first time they had
 been able to attend because it was finally affordable. Cut use some
 slack its only once every 4 years.  >>

According to some who have good memories, the attendance wasn't down.  I just
recall hearing about it, and though I was there, I think I really wasn't
tuned in to the comparative attendance.  As far as I know, the plan to locate
the convention east of the Mississippi still stands.  If the plan holds, then
we are well advised to seek a better location that is more a hub of traffic,
both air and land.  I'm sure this will come up at BOD meetings, and if enough
members care about this issue, they will attend the general membership
meeting at the convention and express their wishes.  That's what the general
meeting is for.  My experience in the past is that the general meeting has
often had pathetically poor attendance.  It was someone's suggestion that at
the time the general meeting was being held there should be no other event
taking place.  May be a good idea.

Barbara