Re: RC: ROC?

In a message dated 02/05/2000 1:48:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bass@bigsky.net writes:

<< I have been thinking lately about how much I miss having the Race of
 Champions as a goal -- has anybody ever talked about starting an event that
 is like it, or taking on the ROC  >>

A few years ago ROC management announced cancellation with no intentions of
having it again.  AERC picked up the banner, planned a major event in the
image of ROC to take its place, and immediately ROC management changed its
mind about cancelling.  I can't remember just how well received the AERC
event was, but for one reason and another it was never re-scheduled.  ROC
continued for awhile, but then more recently has abandoned all plans to
re-schedule.

Barbara