Re: RC: RE: Reno forever?

> Any one in this discussion ever stop to think that the principal reason for
> the AERC meeting in Reno or any other place is not to have a convention.
>
> There is a simple, necessary reason behind every one going to an AERC
> meeting in the spring of the year and it is called the AERC ANNUAL MEETING.

Why yes, as a matter of fact, did you read my message that you quoted
below? It stated, in part:

<<I thought the convention was to educate the members, give them a chance
to meet and socialize, distribute awards, and conduct business meetings
for the organization, with a vendor show on the side for fun.>>

You'll note that business meetings are included as a reason, and vendor
show is something on the side.  I believe that's your point as well.

> If the business of the AERC is not being done to your liking, then have the
> cajones to get up and say so in the meeting! But be constructive, if you
> don't like some thing be sure to have an alternate, or you will make the
> problem worse.

I am standing up and saying so here, and I have said so in private emails
to the AERC BOD and the AERC office, but I *refuse* to spend $1,000 and
lose several days of work to stand up and say that I shouldn't have to
spend $1,000 and lose several days of work to say something.  Does that
make any sense to you?

I am stating my displeasure at the "Reno forever" decision by refusing to
attend the AERC convention as long as it is held in Reno, or anywhere else
West of the Rockies, and by actively working to persuade the BOD to change
that decision, and by offering constructive ways to make that happen.
I'd like to think that if enough of the members do this, something will
actually change.

But then, I'm often accused of being naive and idealisitc.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region