Re: RC: Wickenburg ride cancellation

>Since I'm the original poster I thought this clarification needs to be
>added.
>Since the previous Renegade Rides have been held in New Mexico (several
>hundred                       miles away) the affect on the Wickenburg
>ride was negligible.  But, this year it was
>announced that the Renegade Ride was going to be moved to Bumble Bee, AZ
>and to be
>held  within the same week as Wickenburg.  There is no way a multiday
>ride, less than
>75 miles from Wickenburg, would NOT have had a negitive impact on this
>local ride's
>attendence IMHO.  You cann't compare ride attendence when rides are in
>two different
>states separated by hundreds of miles.  I know of several riders who
>were going to go
>to Bumble Bee instead of Wickenburg.  And these riders are not
>multidayers.
>
>Denise Johnson
>PS

Well, I was going to come from out of state, go to a horse show in
Scottsdale and then take the two horses in a combination of days at the two
rides, sightseeing on rest days.  And I'm only doing LD.  So now we go back
to the much earlier plan (and cancel having the vet out for Coggins) and
just do Geo Bun Buster with less traveling (Wickenburg wasn't in the
original plan because it was too far to travel for a single day's ride-- I
never went to AZ for single day NATRC rides either -- Bumblebee was what
made Wickenburg attractive).  Win some, lose some.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky