Wickenburg ride cancellation

"As a matter of clarification, I looked at last years' ride results
comparing
the last day of the Renegade to the Wickenberg ride.  Although they were

held 8 days apart, there were only 3 people who crossed over and rode
both
rides - using past history as a guide, holding the rides one day apart
would
have little, if any, impact on the Wickenberg one.  The two rides appeal
different people for different reasons.  The emotion displayed in the
original posters message may be genuine but is overdone in context of
the
facts."  Kerry

Since I'm the original poster I thought this clarification needs to be
added.
Since the previous Renegade Rides have been held in New Mexico (several
hundred                       miles away) the affect on the Wickenburg
ride was negligible.  But, this year it was
announced that the Renegade Ride was going to be moved to Bumble Bee, AZ
and to be
held  within the same week as Wickenburg.  There is no way a multiday
ride, less than
75 miles from Wickenburg, would NOT have had a negitive impact on this
local ride's
attendence IMHO.  You cann't compare ride attendence when rides are in
two different
states separated by hundreds of miles.  I know of several riders who
were going to go
to Bumble Bee instead of Wickenburg.  And these riders are not
multidayers.

Denise Johnson
PS