Re: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #163

I hope I am still a "young timer"  but I do recall about 20 + years ago
before bloodtyping was common practice,  there was a Morgan breeder I knew
of... I associated with some who associated and purchased stock from this
farm (I found it interesting that Nelson also knew of this... he raised and
did show a very fine little mare for several years not from this
farm)...anyway, it was common knowledge that this farm had a saddlebred
stallion that occasionally "got through a fence" to visit a Morgan mare...a
few tall ones in that line, too.  Fortunately, it no longer exists (the
farm) but the lines do...only now they do bloodtype.  I imagine there could
have been unscrupulous Arab breeders as well...our group (ridecampers) is
different.  We breed, raise, train and ride our horses because of our love
for the horse, not for love of the almighty dollar.

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657