Re: RC: Ride "bring alongs"

>    That, a ziploc baggie, a pocket knife and a lighter.  That's all I
>carry.  Well, not counting my Diet Coke :-)
>Rachael>in South Texas

Diet Coke??? You've got to be kidding!  Diet Coke in my stomach will spew
up at a big trot...not to mention in a pack!  I once came up on two women
riding at the bottom of Pigeon Mtn.  It was late afternoon and they had a
map out.  I spoke to them and they asked me how far it was back to the
top (where they'd camped) if they went up the Cain trail.  I said,
"You're liable to get caught out after dark if you go that way, I'd go
back the way you came, it's shorter".  Turned out they were CT riders and
I mentioned I did endurance.  Well, they decided they didn't want to
backtrack, they'd take the long way.  I felt bad because I was pretty
sure they were going to get caught out on a bad trail after dark.  I
said, "You'd really better take the Pocket trail back...unless you're
making some good time".  I guess they thought I was being an obnoxious
endurance rider and insinuating they were slow, so the woman said...(very
aloofly) We ARE making good time."  So I nodded and rode away.  As Kaboot
was walking away, I saw her reach back in her pack and take out a
Coke....and then she opened it...and it DIDN'T explode!  I about laughed
out loud.  I'll guarantee...they weren't making good enough time to get
out of those woods before dark. >eg<

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.