Ride "bring alongs"

    Hmmm, the thing that came to my mind immediately was leather bootlaces
from Walmart.   They're about 80 inches long and they are really great for
using as a sponge "leash" and of all the things I've ever packed with me -
those laces have been used the most.
    Like when Mr. Spook jumped, jerked away and broke my rein snaps in 1/2
at a ride, I used a lace to tie'em back on.  And for catching horses that
are loose and bridleless.  Repairing tack, attaching stuff to the saddle
(like my jacket when it warms up and it's too hot to wear), all sorts of
things really.
    That, a ziploc baggie, a pocket knife and a lighter.  That's all I
carry.  Well, not counting my Diet Coke :-)
Rachael
in South Texas
Sonny (Carrots!!  Bring Carrots!!)
Saber (Life jacket, crash helmet, eject button, parachute.... You look
ready!)