Florida Clinic: Natural Horsemanship for Distance Riders

Bill Basham  will be doing a Natural Horsemanship clinic in
Brooksville, Florida  the weekend of February 19/20. This
clinic is specifically for Endurance and Competetive Trail riders. Bill's
specialty is working with Arabs and half-Arabs and their riders.
You will learn techniques and principles of Natural Horsemanship
that can be applied to our sport - both ground work and handling
techniques, and riding skills and 'tricks of the trade'.  Learn principles
for establishing mutual trust with your horse. Learn how to keep
your horse focused on YOU instead of the LIONS IN THE WOODS.
Discover how little it takes to communicate with your horse when
you can see things from their perspective. Learn how to 'join up'
with your horse, and then have him follow you around without
a lead rope. Learn how to correct behavioral problems by
understanding the root of the problem - learn how to read
your horse. You may even be galloping, stopping and backing
with only a rope and halter by the end of the weekend!

One Day Clinic:
Saturday - 9am to 5pm
                 $50.  With horse
                 $15.  Audit on Saturday, without horse

Two Day Clinic:
Saturday and Sunday - 9am to 5pm
                   $100. With horse
                     $15.  Audit on Sunday, without horse

Bring your own lunch and snacks.

Saturday dinner: $10.00 or bring your own. We need to know
in advance if you will want dinner. This is a good time to
talk about what you learned during the day.

Bill will be available Friday, Feb 18 and Monday, Feb 21 for individual
sessions by appointment.

I want to keep the group small, so the quality remains high and a good time
is had by all. If you would like to attend me know ASAP.  I need a
50% deposit to hold a spot for you.

Contact me by email if you're interested and I'll send you more info.

Bill has a website at http://www.endurance.net/fullcircle/ for a little
more background. Feel free to contact him directly at fullcircle@palouse.com
if you have specific questions, or have specific problems that you would
like to address at the clinic.

Steph

p.s. this is really satisfying stuff. I've had three major eye openers
in my horsey career - 1)endurance  2)dressage and 3)natural horsemanship
There is a lot of hype and marketing with NH right now, and it is really
nothing new, good horse trainers have always understood the principles.
But for most of us, it is a new way of looking at our relationship with
our horses. Plus the intensity of working with your horse at this level,
for an entire day or weekend is tremendously satisfying. The horses
enjoy it, I think it's an eye opener for them too, that their 'people'
can be so captivating and influential.