From: connie B Berto <cberto@juno.com>
To: renegade12@juno.com
Cc: aerc@foothill.net, cberto@juno.com
Subject: I'm stepping aside
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:06:03 -0800

Dear Randy:    I will be resigning as Trails Chair, effective March 15
(I think "beware the Ides of March" has a nice ring to it!).     I
checked my records and I have been Chair for five full years, and that's
long enough.   Time for me to step aside, and time  for someone else to
have the fun.   Plus, our personal family lives are changing here and I
simply must have a lot more time to devote to matters close to home.   I
will remain on the trails committee, but I will not reconsider my
decision to resign as Chair.
     My successor should be someone new to the post who can bring fresh
ideas to the job.  I would also suggest that the next chairman should not
be a current director of AERC;  those persons have enough to do already
and the work should be spread around.   However, the ultimate decision is
yours.
     Besides echoing  Shakespeare...the March 15 date will allow me to
fulfill my duties as Chair at the Reno convention one final time and to
tie up any loose ends after I get back home.   If you wish, I will write
a formal letter of resignation and present it to the Directors at the
meeting Thursday night.   Assuming Amtrak gets to Reno on time, that is.
   I have admired your philosophy as AERC president, as written in
Endurance News.  AERC is fortunate to have you and Doyle as leaders.
    I wish you the best and I look forward to seeing you all at the 2000
convention.    Sincerely,   Connie Berto

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.