Re: RC: Re: Some of Us Didn't Stop at lst Level

In a message dated 1/31/00 8:50:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
WintersDwbob@aol.com writes:

<< Frank  do you ride Dressage on the same horses as endurance?  If so  how
do
 you prevent  cramping and muscle soreness standing in line.  My Arab which
 does it all has a real problem with this.  Donna and BOB >>

OK, Donna, I'm on to you!  You're just trying to liven up Ridecamp, right?
Kind of fanning the flames so to speak.  You really aren't serious here,
right?  Just in case you are.....if your horse is cramping up 'cause he has
to wait in line for 15 minute at a vet check, my guess is that he isn't in
condition to do even the limited distance that you're asking of him.  Also,
you might reconsider what you're feeding him.  I have a friend who rides with
Charlotte Bredahl (you know, the Olympic bronze medalist) and they feed their
horses so much grain -- to give them that "edge" most endurance horses would
implode at the start, the rest would settle for cramping or tying up at the
first vet-check.  Just a thought.

Sylvia