Back to waiting in lines...

Nina Vasiliev rides4fun@hotmail.com
Hi everyone,

Since, we really don't know how a rider is feeling that day,
 they may think they have priority over us,
they may not be having a good ride, or sometimes we don't really
know how long they have had to wait already,(at my first ride,
 people kept stepping in front of us 25 milers since they were 50's, they just pulled up and said they had priority.  But we
 had been waiting for our turn for 20 minutes with pulses now in
 the 30's...we were not happy with how we were being treated...)
 Anyway, it seems to me that waiting our turn is a part of the
 competition.  I know that it's frusrating sometimes, all the
 things that can go wrong during competition.  But those things
 are a part of the ride.  Those other people are a part of the
 ride, a part of the factors which slow or speed us along. Lines
 are one of the variables.

So, I think we're stuck.  Waiting for our turn,is a part
 of the competition. We have to take it as it comes.
Endurance requires skill in rising above the obsticles and
 finishing well.  Not in trying to explain away why
 we should be able to cut ahead of someone else's turn.

My 2 cents...

Nina Vasiliev
Davis, CA