Variety??

Try gathering cattle in rough range country,   cutting in the corrals,
running speed events (barrels, poles, etc)  English and Western rail
classes,  reining,  costumes, parades, even a little jumping,  and  then add
endurance.  The only reason formal  dressage isn't there it was never
available, but all horses were light,  soft,  and fun to ride.  The horses
were Quarter Horses or Quarter/Arab cross.   Didn't have a pure bred Arab
when I had all the work but the good ones would have done just fine.
All the horses were very good at most things,  and pretty good at the rest.
There is no comparing horses that work for a living and then go play now and
then, with horses that only do recreational riding.   (I'm not putting down
the fine horses and riders that are out there, just saying there is a
difference.)

Think lots of RCers must be getting cabin fever,  need some sun and riding
to mellow out a bit.     <vbg>