Re: RC: Re: vet check lines

Uh, Donna?

I think you picked the wrong to tree to bark up!  Many
of the endurance riders cross train in dressage!

We have an older (18) QH/TB gelding that I originally
bought as a 5 yo to be my spare field hunter (aka fox
hunting in Virginia).  After a season, my husband
began to ride him more than I did.  He tried some CTR,
then endurance with him.  They successfully racked up
a lot of miles in both CTR & endurance, in part
because Mike & Major were tough old pieces of leather.
 They just wouldn't quit, despite accidents, founder,
breed prejudice, etc.  They've done the Biltmore, Old
Dominion, and more - none were "easy" rides.  Mike had
to ride smart to bring a heavy QH in cool enough to
continue in the heat & humidity of the East.

To help Major use himself better, he was trained in
dressage to 2nd level, even though he only competed to
first (scoring low 70's).  He's arthritic and a little
rusty now, so he's limited to more light hacking and
LD than he is endurance.  Boy, but he can still run
from a meandering pig in the woods, though!!

Endurance riders are not all unschooled "weekend trail
riders" all grown up.  I resent that implication you
made!

Linda