Re:

Just another thought on the subject...I have at times felt that with a
larger horse there is 'more to hold on to' if they decide to rear up or not
behave quite the way we would like...  On the other hand, I also agree with
the 'shorter distance to the ground' theory with shorter/smaller horses...
Boy!  Talk about riding the fence  :)  Guess what I am saying is that the
size of the horse hasn't ever really mattered much to me since I can think
of good reasons to appreciate both..

    Kim

P.S.  Yes, I am old enough to remember Howard Johnson's...<BG>