Re: RC: Re: Now Cannons was Belesemo

And Heidi
What if you could get quality AND PREFERENCES! Isn't that great? And
that is what many Russian breeders and myself offer. And, yes, we do
outcross because, let's face it, the whole Russian program is based on
outcross from Aswan to Crabbet to Polish to, yes, even to the French who
made a tremendous contribution in those days and are frequently
overlooked. I'm not PURE anything because I am starting with a breeding
program that is far from pure. It just happens that Russian Arabians
TEND to be taller, and no, that doesn't make them mediocre or inferior.
As you said earlier, you have to look at the TOTAL picture of the horse.
Size is only one variable and Lord knows we are entitled to our
preferences and do not necessarily have to sacrifice quality to do so.
We just may have to look harder to find our ideal horse. Mark found his,
and then some!!!
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov