Re: Now Cannons was Belesemo

Nelson has a heck of a time sometimes with people who insist that their
horse is a size 1 or 2 when they need to be in an 0...he did some dressage
horses that were in size 4s with the heels tucked so far in that they might
as well have been egg bars.  After fitting them with a size 2 and asking
the owner how that looked they thought it was perfect, happy as a clam!
Then he told them it was a 2...talk about shock!  They had agreed it was a
perfect fit but it wasn't a 4!  Oh my!  :)  Some of those dressage horses,
after getting their feet "in shape" with proper shoeing were eventually
able to go to a 3.  We have been told that the school of thought in the
dressage world is to "celebrate the size of the hoof"....  well and good if
it's the "right" size!  I will have to pass this info on to some of our
more stubborn clients!  Thanks!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.