Re: Re: head carriage and split reins

It is interesting to note that you were given 'looks' for using a HUMANE
piece of tack.. I have also had fat lips and bloody noses from either the
head or the neck whacking me... Look at the hunter/jumpers tack and take a
look at what the rodeo cowboys use... those 'lovely' tiedowns made of cable,
no less...
It has always occured to me that common sense and individuality of horse and
rider should dictate.   It seems that to ride endurance the horse needs the
greatest freedom of movement with most control for the rider.. As I look at
the pics of some of the ''top" riders.. I see a form of running martingale..
which I think is an excellent device.. IMHO.. Mary Ann