Re: Re: raffling off horse - ethical concerns

Amanda,

I'm glad you voiced your concerns on this issue.  I have often wondered at
the suitability of an animal as a prize in a raffle (for the same reason I
don't like puppies and kittens being given as Xmas presents) but thought
maybe it was common in the States, and that there might be some kind of
protections offered for the animals in question, so didn't like to raise the
questions you did, in case I was displaying my ignorance (I've done that
enough on RC :-))

I'd really like to hear more about this.

Tracey