Re: raffling off horse - ethical concerns

  I know this is going to kick off a hot debate, so feel
free to respond to me personally and not to the list if you
like:  I have big ethical problems with animals being raffled
off to anyone who buys a ticket.  What is done to ensure that
the animal goes to a knowlegable, competent owner?  Not just a
well-intentioned owner but someone who has time, resources and
knowlege to care for and train the animal?   I'd much rather
see organizations raise funds by raffling off trailers, tack,
supplements etc - inanimate objects that won't suffer from mis-
use of neglect - than animals.
   I do not intend to cast aspersions on those who have won
these reaffles in the past - I have no idea if there have been
any problems with raffled animals ending up in bad homes - but
the potential exists.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag