Work Day, N. Fla. Trails

Laura Nielsen lsn@bellsouth.net
Volunteers are needed Sat., Dec. 9, 2000 at San Felasco
Hammock State Preserve, Alachua, Florida.

This is the last scheduled work day for 2000. Plans are to
install fencing (set posts, string field fencing wire) for
the parking lot area. And, yes, there will be a tractor with
an auger on site!

Once the parking lot is fenced, the park should be ready to
open.

Anyone interested should meet at 8:45 A.M. at the Park Shop
Area, 12720 NW 109 Lane, Alachua, Fla.

For additional information and/or directions, please contact me.
Anyone wishing to be added to an e-mail list for park news,
meeting notices and work day projects, please let me know.

This is one of the best riding areas in North Florida; please
volunteer your time on this worthy project. At a time when many
states are facing trail closures, we are fortunate here in
Florida to actually be adding new areas to ride. However, this
park will only open with the help of volunteers. If you want
trails to ride on, please contribute the time necessary to
accomplish that goal. Half a day on Saturday is a small price
for miles of new trails.

Laura Nielsen