Re: RC: Re: 2001 XP Sanctioning

At 02:09 PM 12/06/2000 -0800, elfs wrote:
> > Whichever the case may be both in how the 2001 XP is sanctioned, and how
>the AERC tabulates Pioneer Award points; I suggest that the Board of
>Directors come to some concensus on these issues and let the membership
>know.

The AERC office told me that the 2001 XP will appear in the calendar in the
next issue of EN.  It should be clear then, how the ride is sanctioned.  I
was also under the impression that it is one 40-day event (as far as
Pioneer status goes).  That would make sense, since if you do any other
multiday you must complete the entire event for it to count.  Doing one
week would only constitute 1/8 of the event.

> > And if eligibility for a Pioneer Award DOES require that you finish all
>the days of the Pioneer Ride on the same horse, I suggest that this year's
>point standings reflect that (as it has in previous years).  And that the
>issue be resolved before the final point standings for the year are
>calculated.

The results have been wrong all year.  I have pointed it out (for oh, about
a year now), and it is a "computer problem".  Apparently they are not
capable of figuring out results without the computer.   It would be nice
not only to have the year end results figured correctly but gee, do you
think it might be nice to see them figured correctly at some point *during*
the ride season so the riders will know what is going on?  That didn't
happen this year, not *once* was it ever correct.  :+/   I would rather
they not publish results if they *know* they are incorrect, rather than to
just keep publishing and not letting the membership know that they are all
screwed up.

Karen