easy way to tighten a girth?

  I have a bad back, and find getting my girth tight enough is
a real chore.  I have a 16+ hh horse which does not help, and
the way english girths work, where you have to pull UP on the
billets to tighten them, makes it harder.  Pulling DOWN is much
easy: I can put my not-inconsiderable weight into it! I know a
new girth would help - the one I have is just barely long
enough and does not have rollers, but no english-style girth is
easy for me.  I saw an ad for a little wooden gizmo for
tightening girths - you clamp the billet in it and push up: it
gives you leverage.  Anyone tried one of these?  I have also
seen references to QuikCinch, but the web address in their add
no longer works.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Amanda (I'm not getting older - I'm falling apart!)

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag