Montana Gov. Marc Racicot--New Sec't of Interior?

I saw on CSPAN that former Montana Governor Marc Racicot
is under consideration by the Bush transition team for
the new Secretary of the Interior.

National Parks, wilderness areas, National Forests, logging, BLM,
the "roadless initiative"--all are controversial issues pivotal
to trail enthusiasts that come under the aegis of the Department
of the Interior.

Does anybody know what kind of a record Marc Racicot has
on land use issues in Montana?  I looked him up on the
state of Montana web page http://www.state.mt.us, but I
couldn't find anything that indicated his leanings on
recreational and commercial use of public lands.

It's gonna be a whole new ballgame...

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA