Re: ponying & conditioning

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the excellent info, ~85% is a better return that I thought I'd
get from ponying.

You mention conditioning ligaments and tendons.  Does an ex-racer really
have most of the LSD done by the time they are off the track?  I thought
work in sand, hills, on hard pack, and on rocky trails would be important
for finishing conditioning her body (and mind).  Will her bones already be
fairly conditioned from racing?  I'm guessing a year to really get her
"riding horse" muscles working properly (back, neck, loins all strengthened
and engaging)?

Thanks again -

Michelle
(Colorado)