Ponying

Hi Michelle!

Sounds like your program might get your horse ready for an LD in the
spring.  I didn't really know how much ponying could help condition a
horse until I just tried it.  I wanted to get a second horse going, so I
ponied one all over this mountain, all through the winter, and on the
basis of this ponying, my second mare completed Tevis with no problems.
So it really does work.  For the last month or two I hired a teenage
girl (couldn't get mine out of bed) to ride with me a couple of times a
week, so she could actually have some weight on her back, and sometimes
my sister met me at rides, so she did do a couple rides.  But for LD, I
would think you are doing fine.

Anna