White hairs

Linnea Skoglund linnea.skoglund@anheuser-busch.com
Can anyone tell me how quickly white hairs develop?  I discovered some on my new MFT gelding.  I have ridden him only about 6-8 times and never more than an hour.  He has not shown
any signs of a sore back.  He is in full winter coat and these
hairs are long and scattered over a several inch diameter spot.
I'm hoping you all can assure me these are old.  I would hate to
get white spots on my black horse!

Please respond provately.  Thanks in advance.

Linnea in Ft. Collins, CO
linnea.skoglund@anheuser-busch.com