Re: RC: RE: going bitless

In a message dated 11/21/2000 8:37:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kathy_mayeda@atce.com writes:

<< Diana Thompson has designed a real nice sidepull that Gail Hought
 manufacturers.  See Hought Endurance Tack website on the Endurance
 Net home page or my previous post on homeopathics/Rescue Remedy/
 on Diana's website.

I have been riding my 6 year old Arab gelding in Diana's sidepull for the
past two years. It is very sporty looking, easy to clean, and very
comfortable for the horse. I but a neoprene wrap on the nose piece to get rid
of the "bite" of the rawhide. I originally bought it to use on my "hargy
bargy'' older gelding. He was difficult to control in a snaffle bit, and I
did not want to just keep upping the severity of the bit so I tried the
sidepull. He immediately was a much happier boy,  relaxed tremendously, and
became very easy to turn and stop under "every" situation. I have nothing but
good praises to say about this sidepull. I highly recommend it. It is very
pricey at around $200, but it is custom made to fit your horse, it is very
comfortable for the horses as compared to most sidepulls, and it seems as if
it may last forever ( I hope).
Happy holidays . .  and trails?
Robyn