choke

Hi

I know this may be an old subject since I brought it up in Sept.

But I'm too excited not to share this with those on RC that replied to my
question of feed after a horse has choked.  Our wonderful girl is doing
fine.  We started feeding her hay last week.  I thought she is grazing on
dead dry grass, why not spread the hay on the snow instead of putting it in
the hay feeder.  It was more like grazing than getting big mouthfuls and
trying to swallow that.  Seems to be working great. Her grain still consists
of mostly senior feed with some lo-pro mix and beetpulp soaked to a thick
gravy consistency.  She is much happier and so are we.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Barbara

Neil & Barbara Josephson
NE-BAR COCKERS