Naked Man

With the time change we don't have much time to trailer off and ride after my son gets home from school. So we resort to pasture figure 8's, 20 minutes in the round pen and then we walk a 1/2 mile down the road to the woods. We have a 1 mile loop marked off and we ride until 30 minutes before dark.

It has always seemed a little boring but you do what you can. This afternoon we started our first loop thru the woods and my son said "mom why do you suppose that man is naked there next to his truck?" I snapped my head around and just the other side of the trees there was a truck parked and a man standing next to it. It seemed as if he had set up camp and was taking a bath of sorts. My son figured this since he had a head full of shampoo at the time.

It really made my hair stand up on my neck. The kids ride bikes back there all the time, and we ride a few times a week. So we quickly headed back to the road, and I got my phone out and called the LAW. We waited for him at the corner and directed him back to the fruit loop on our loop.

A lot of times I train alone, and this kind of thing makes you a little spooky. Lets face it, we have a lot of sick puppies out there. I always wear a fanny pack with my cell phone, it gives me a real since of not being so alone. I wanted to share this story in hopes that WE ALL take the time to report little things like this. We are covering a lot of ground that is not regularly patrolled. I would hate to feel totally vulnerable out there.

Be safe!!!!!

Laurie